Today’s writing prompt says:
Read the first sentence of 5 short stories by 5 different authors. Then write 5 first sentences of your own.
The five authors + five stories I read where: Dorothy Parker, “A Telephone Call”; Leonid Andreyev, “On The Day of The Crucifixion”; H. P. Lovecraft, “The Call of Cthulhu”; D. H. Lawrence, “Odour of Chrysanthemums” and Aesop, “The Plane Tree”. I randomly chose the stories from this site.
1. I don’t really mind the cold, most days.
2. Margaret was about to put her teacup and saucer down to help her cat, Panzy, down from the edge of the 10th story balcony.
3. Sherman found hope on January 28th, 1999.
4. Outbursts in the library are more significant than outbursts in other places, like on buses or in malls.
5. It was months after the creditors stopped calling when Maxwell finally decided to log into his credit accounts with the intention of paying his debts.